December 7, 2010 at 9:10 am | Damaged Hair, Dry Hair, How to Use, Thin Hair, Troubled Scalp | No comment
I am a 27-year-old man and have long brown hair to my shoulders. I’ve had a problem with hair loss since age 17, and my hair is thin, dry and straight. I also have an oily scalp, and a little dandruff in my eyebrows. A week ago I started to wash my hair with Anti-Flake shampoo, and I use the Peppermint & Avocado Shampoo on alternate days. After each wash I apply a normal conditioner on the ends of my hair; otherwise it becomes very difficult to comb.
As I’ve read on your website my treatment should be:
- Rejuvenating Oil applied with a hair dryer
- Peppermint & Avocado Shampoo
- Anti-Flake Shampoo
Should all of this be applied daily? Is it necessary to use the hair dryer? Is it necessary to use some conditioner or some other product?
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 at 9:10 am and is filed under Damaged Hair, Dry Hair, How to Use, Thin Hair, Troubled Scalp.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Here’s what I recommend for you:
Once a week: A Rejuvenating Oil treatment.
- Apply the oil to dry hair and massage it in with your fingertips. And yes, it’s important to use a hair dryer to warm up the oil – heat helps the oil sink into your hair and loosens dead cells and debris from your scalp.
- After letting the oil sit on your hair for 20 minutes, work a dollop of the Peppermint & Avocado shampoo into your hair and then get in the shower and add a bit of water.
- Lather it up for 3-5 minutes – that will leave your scalp feeling cool and fresh. Rinse. Your hair should feel balanced all over.
Every day: If you wash your hair everyday, use the Peppermint & Avocado Shampoo or our Scent of Santa Fe Shampoo, which is nice and balancing and will make your hair feel softer. Finish with the Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Crème on the ends only and Rinse.
Every three days: Use the Peppermint Shampoo (leave on for 2-3 minutes) followed by Anti- Flake (also leave on for 2-3 minutes before you rinse).
Together, that regimen should get your scalp and hair in great shape.
We welcome your blog comments! We'll review and approve them as soon as possible, but sometimes there's a delay before they appear online. Just remember...
- 1. No profanity, please. (Philip's mother might be reading.)
- 2. No writing in ALL CAPS! (It's like shouting and harder to read than lower or mixed-case text.)
- 3. We never post email addresses or phone numbers.
- 4. Have fun. We can't wait to hear from you!